Wednesday, September 2, 2009

A letter addressed to nobody

"Why am I still interested to continue playing Yu-Gi-Oh?" This question has always crossed my mind whenever I sit and idle around. On trips to school and back, on times when I stare and do nothing in front of my computer.

"I don't have much cards."
"I can't craft Tier 1 decks."
"I do not have the opportunity to Duel outside much."
"The game is totally unsupported by Konami in my country."
"Getting my needed cards are near impossible."

In spite of all these random thoughts. In spite of my financial difficulties. In spite of every hardship I experience in playing this game. Why?

"I guess its because looking forward to something like creating an awesome deck and using it to pit with others in tournaments sounds nice."

I know that companies have to prioritize their sales quota and profits first, since I study Management as my bachelor degree. I also know that I contribute little in these sales needed for Konami to back up our country with events. I also know that Philippines' economy is not doing that well for investors and businesses like Konami to even bother with.

But its not just me. There is a community in our country that loves and keeps this game alive. I know that the community is just small and isn't even worth mentioning at all, compared to millions playing over at the three main countries Konami focuses in.

I know I do not have the right to actually say for the other countries neglected, but I will mention them here as well: Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia, Thailand, Australia, New Zealand and the some of Latin America. All of the duelists in the aformentioned countries have the same desire. To have equal support from the company that created what they love.

This is my simple wish and I hope that this will somehow reach who this letter is intended for.

15 comments:

  1. I agree with this. Being from Japan we have everything to wish for in YGO. Cheap, Good, Widespread, Supported. I think the world should get equal treatment, even if japan suffers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm, interesting ,I have received this letter and will spread it out as far as i can then

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree with what you say. Although we do have Konami supported tournaments a few times per year , i still wish that we can get equal treatment as in Japan.

    Will spread this

    ReplyDelete
  4. u are the man!! speaking not only for yourself but others in pain as well!! really wish that your effort won;t go in vein

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally agree. I am from Indonesia and you are right, no Konami support here. Eventhough now I'm living in Europe, it would be nice if Konami supports Asian countries. It is really different compared to Europe or US.

    ReplyDelete
  6. ur words will be heard,everybody deserves equity..

    ReplyDelete
  7. But if you come and think of it Konami had already start back its effort by selling AE cards. So yea things might get better in the next decade.

    ReplyDelete
  8. "I don't have much cards."
    "I can't craft Tier 1 decks."
    "I do not have the opportunity to Duel outside much."
    "The game is totally unsupported by Konami in my country."
    "Getting my needed cards are near impossible."

    What are you?
    A mind reader!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Learn to read dude!
    It's his thoughts

    Don't speak too much if you don't know anything.. Learn to know the truth. Not much Konami support in South-Asia is a fact

    ReplyDelete
  10. @edward
    I think neelsoon meant it as him also sharing the same experience as me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. xD oops..my bad
    I continue to spread this

    ReplyDelete
  12. This needs to be spread around. It's definitely saddening that you guys don't have the same kind of support as the Big 3 (Europe, USA and Japan). I mean, people over here in the UK think they have it hard (e.g. when some staple cards such as Judgment or Charge end up costing the price of a cheap iPod or something), but fail to realize the amount of support they get from the game's creator when compared to other countries.

    Here's hoping this kind of stupid shit stops soon, and Konami finally start supporting you guys properly. T_T

    ReplyDelete
  13. A post that will be sadly ignored by Konami...

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like it. The ideas of cheaper cards appeal to me. Decent prizes in big tourneys is awesome too.

    You got my vote.

    ReplyDelete
  15. can anyone forward this to Konami? Speaks the truth. ;D

    ReplyDelete